Middle East Coverage Biased and Lacking

Published: Wednesday, 08/16/2006 12:00 am EDT

We challenge your recent coverage on the current Middle East conflict (Re: "Their Backs To The Wall", Aug. 9). Despite the graphic depiction of the security fence separating Israel and the Palestinians as a tall concrete wall, less than 3 per cent will actually be constructed of concrete and only then with the intended purpose of preventing terrorists from targeting Israeli civilians. The remaining approximately 97 per cent consists of a technologically-advanced chain-link fence system, designed as an early warning system to prevent terrorist infiltration.

If you are already a subscriber

Subscribe to Embassy

Subscribe to the print and electronic editions and get instant access to Embassy online.


Quick purchase

Purchase this week's edition of Embassy in electronic format (PDF) for $4.00


Sign up for a free trial

For access to the website.



This Week's Issue
policy briefings